Race Distance: 100kms
Compulsory Pit Stops: None
Tyre Allocation: Hard tyre compound only
Weather at start of Race: Sunny with some cloud cover, 22 degrees and a chance of rain.
HRT Race Highlights:
- Starting positions for the first race of the day were Courtney 12th and Tander lucky 13th.
- Courtney wrangled with Caruso and R Kelly on the opening lap, he managed to move up one place to 11th. Tander stayed put in 13th but just two laps later was back behind his teammate in 12th.
- Before the first ten laps were completed Moffat had passed Tander, forcing him back to his starting position.
- On lap 12, two of the leading cars (Whincup and Van Gisbergen) tangled and spun onto the grass. While this didn’t immediately affect the positions of the two HRT commodores, it meant that Tander was then chasing Whincup for position. Tander didn’t have to wait long to take 12th place as Whincup was given a pit lane penalty.
- At the half way point of the short sprint race, the rain was holding off and Courtney was 10th and Tander 12th. From there, Tander overtook two more cars before the chequered flag. The first was Moffat and the second was his teammate. Tander finished 10th and Courtney 11th.